Role Profile – Company Secretary
To ensure that Board procedures are complied with, advising the Board on all governance matters, supporting the Chair of the Board and each of the Committees, and helping the Board and its Committees to function efficiently.
Areas of responsibility:
Ensuring good information flows within the Board and its Committees and between Senior Management and the Non Executive Directors.
Alongside the Group HR Director:
- facilitate Board inductions, arrange Board training and assist with directors’ professional development as required;.
- organise and arrange for the provision of resources to develop and update the Directors’ knowledge and capabilities;.
- ensure training is delivered in a manner that is appropriate to the particular Director, and which has the objective of enhancing that Director’s effectiveness as a part of the Board or its Committees, consistent with the results of the Board evaluation process;
- Assist the Chair in establishing the policies and processes the Board needs in order to function properly. Including undertaking periodic reviews of the Board and Company’s governance processes;
- Take responsibility for concerns raised by the workforce about conduct, financial improprieties or other matters; and
- Ensure that directors have access to independent professional advice at the companies expense when they judge it necessary to responsibilities their duties, and that committees are provided with sufficient resources to undertake their duties.